Partners in Education PiE is the Education Alliance’s flagship program since 1988. There are more than 300 Partners in Education confirming the effectiveness of community working with WCSD schools, educators and departments to raise the quality of education in Washoe County. Partners in Education include private sector businesses, civic or non-profit organizations, government agencies, higher education institutions, even families, all providing financial, volunteer, goods, services and other resources to support education in our region. Partners are any entity supporting your school in any way!
Ways to Support and Recognize your Partner in Education!
There are many ways you can celebrate your Partner in Education in return for their vital support! Here are ideas for you and your school to show appreciation for your PiE — be creative and have fun!
- Meet with your Partner at the beginning of each school year to share the school calendar of events, discuss needs and plan how your Partner can help or be part of school activities.
- Give your Partner a school tour annually to share your successes and discuss school needs.
- Hang a banner or sign in the school cafeteria, multi-purpose room or on a fence.
- Send pictures of media-released students and/or educators utilizing the resources provided by your Partner.
- Write an article in the school newsletter to recognize / promote your Partner.
- Have students write/draw thank-you notes or posters for support received.
- Invite your Partner to school events, such as Back to School or family events, fundraisers, assemblies, learning nights, music or theatrical performances, athletic events.
- Provide a link to your Partner’s website on the school webpage.
- Put information about your Partners’ business/organization on a school bulletin board.
- Have students provide their artwork to display at your Partners’ business/organization.
- Invite and introduce your Partner at a staff meeting.
- Offer to have school musical groups perform for your Partner at their business/organization events.
- Invite your Partner to participate in Education Alliance’s annual Principal for a 1/2 Day to deepen your relationship and connect mid-year.
- Include your Partner in parent group meetings and activities.
- Invite your Partner to serve on a school committee, site council, or hiring committee.
- Shop at your Partner’s business.
- Recognize your Partner’s support at school assemblies.
- Invite your Partner to judge science fairs, academic competitions, or participate in career fairs, or mock interviews.
- Have your Partner job shadow a teacher for a day, sit in or speak at a faculty meeting.
- Update your Partner on academic and testing results.
- Invite your Partner to speak in a classroom about their industry/role to share information on their business practices.
- Ask your Partner how they would like to be recognized!
- Nominate your Partner in Education for a PiE Champion Award (email EducationAlliance@washoeschools.net for details)!
- Once you complete the PiE Agreement, Education Alliance sends a thank you with PiE emblem window clings, emails the electronic PiE emblem, and adds them to our PiE database and Pinpoint a Partner School webpage by school!
- Share your good work together with Education Alliance who will post on their social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) or tag EA in your posts!
(Note: business solicitation only permitted at the discretion of the principal.)
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact the Education Alliance at