Partners in Education PiE is the Education Alliance’s flagship program since 1988. There are hundreds of success stories confirming the effectiveness of business/industry/government/nonprofits working with schools and educators to raise the quality of education in our community. We spotlight these impactful relationships to recognize the important work being done through these partnerships and to inspire others to get involved. With 61,000 students in the Washoe County School District and 40,000 students at Truckee Meadows Community College and the University of Nevada, we need your partnership to help students become ready for college, career, military, life!
Why be a Partner in Education?
- To generate a more skilled and better prepared workforce to enhance economic stability and growth in our state.
- To build strong public and private advocacy teams to drive initiatives in the community and impact the local economic outlook.
- To expand labor market opportunities for student engagement/growth through hands-on opportunities for learning.
- To generate positive publicity and brand awareness through success of the partnership and improved outcomes.
- To fill funding gaps in schools and programs, including in-kind contributions.
- To expand corporate citizenship engagement by providing volunteer opportunities to your employees, increasing employee motivation and retention rates, while also providing a dedicated and skilled volunteer base for schools. (Copyright @2010 by Corporate Voices for Working Families)
Our dynamic Partners include private sector businesses, civic organizations, government agencies, higher education institutions, and other non-profit organizations, all leveraging their resources to support education in our region. We invite you to join them and make a difference! Complete the Partner in Education PiE Interest Form below and we will be in touch to match you with the ideal school or department!