Partners in Education (PiE) is the Education Alliance’s flagship program. There are more than 150 current success stories confirming the effectiveness of business/industry working with schools and educators to raise the quality of education in our community. We spotlight these impactful relationships regularly to recognize the important work being done through these partnerships and to inspire others to get involved. With 65,000 students in the Washoe County School District and 40,000 students at Truckee Meadows Community College and the University of Nevada, there is much work to be done in helping our students to become college and career ready.
Why be a Partner in Education?
- Generate a more skilled and better prepared workforce that enhances economic stability and growth.
- Build strong public and private advocacy teams to drive initiatives in the community that impact the local economic outlook.
- Expand labor market opportunities for student engagement/growth through internships, and hands-on opportunities for learning.
- Generate positive publicity and brand awareness through success of the partnership and improved outcomes.
- Establish additional funding streams for schools and programs, including in-kind contributions.
- Expand corporate citizenship engagement by providing volunteer opportunities to your employees, businesses can increase employee motivation and retention rates and provide professional development while also providing a dedicated and skilled volunteer base for schools.
Copyright @2010 by Corporate Voices for Working Families
Our dynamic Partners include private sector businesses, civic organizations, government agencies, higher education institutions, and other non-profit organizations, all leveraging their resources to support education in our region. We invite you to join them and make a difference! Complete the Partner in Education (PiE) Interest form below and we will contact you to match you and your company with the ideal school!
If you have questions or would like more information, contact the Education Alliance at 775.353.6950 or EducationAlliance@washoeschools.net.